Spend a semester or a full academic year studying at The University of Sheffield, earning credits to transfer back to your home university.
Why Study at Sheffield?
As a member of the Russell Group, The University of Sheffield is one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching and has a global reputation for academic excellence.
With a history spanning over 100 years, the university’s Study Abroad programmes are well established. More than 5,000 international students visit the university every year from over 120 countries worldwide.
- 5 libraries, 3 museums and 55 academic departments – all of which are centres of academic excellence.
- Guaranteed on-site university accommodation*.
- A secure, friendly and academically stimulating environment with an extensive network of welfare and advice services.
- Competitive scholarships and external funding are available.
If you agree that “To study & travel is to live,” our Study Abroad Semester programmes are guaranteed to open your mind. What are you waiting for?
Why the location of Sheffield?
Experience the best of all worldsKnown as the ‘Steel City’, Sheffield is famed for its industrial legacies, especially in stainless steel production. Today, the city is a vibrant hub of modern innovation which is bursting with character and places to spend your down-time. Framed by the backdrop of the Pennine Mountains, a third of the city is located within the Peak District National Park. Dubbed as the ‘Backbone of England’, this breath-taking area offers some of the most awe-inspiring vistas in the UK and, with excellent public transport links, the Pennines are just waiting to be discovered.
- Sheffield scores highly for sport fans. Home to the English Institute of Sport, the city lays claim to the world’s oldest football club and hosts the World Snooker Championships.
- If you enjoy art and culture, Sheffield houses the largest theatre complex outside London along with lots of galleries and museums.
- Sheffield has a thriving music and entertainment scene with shops, cafes, restaurants, music events, festivals and no-less than 6 cinema complexes.
- And, there are plenty of green spaces, perfect for studying or relaxing with friends. The city has 250 parks and more trees than any other city in Europe!
What can I study?
Students have a variety of classes to choose from at Sheffield. As one of the top ranked universities globally, here are few of the most popular majors to choose from:
Airfare, materials for class, mandatory health insurance, visa fees, and spending money aren’t included.