Develop your entrepreneurial spirit at London Metropolitan University!
With a history dating back to 1848, London Metropolitan University (London Met) is well known for its vibrant and culturally-diverse student community which hails from over 145 countries worldwide. In fact, London Met is ranked ninth out of all the universities in the UK, the USA, Australia, and New Zealand for diversity by Hotcourses Abroad.
London Met is made up of six academic faculties: Business and Law, Computing and Digital Media, Human Sciences, Social Professions, Social Sciences, and Art, Architecture and Design.
The university offers a flexible curriculum and a wide choice of modules including a course exclusively designed for Non-EU students.
Here are a few more reasons to choose London Met:
- Explore London’s rich cultural heritage with visits to museums, galleries and theatres with a dedicated Art and Theatre in London module for international students.
- Develop your knowledge with access to exceptional student support services and experience state-of-the art learning, library, and IT facilities including a purpose-built art, design and recording studios and a £30m Science Centre.
- Meet new friends by joining clubs and social activities and get active with a wide range of fitness, sport, and recreational facilities.
What can I study at London Metropolitan University?
All students will choose 4 classes. Please research and choose alternative modules in case your first choice is not available.
Students have a variety of choices to choose from, below are some of the most common majors:
If you would like to gain some work experience, you can also add an internship to your semester programme – read below.
Internship + Semester Option
Enhance your studies abroad by adding an internship!
Completing an internship abroad can be life-changing. You will gain valuable and career-focused practical experience while applying your academic knowledge to develop a range of transferable, professional skills. Upskilling your resume in this way can help you stand out in a crowded jobs’ market.
While you complete your work placement, a framework of exercises will encourage you to reflect upon the theoretical and practical issues relating to your professional development. You will also be guided to create an up-to-date and polished resume.
Learning outcomes include:
- Critically reviewing the concept of the ‘organisation of work’ as it currently exists in the UK
- Analysing specific elements of the employment relationship from the perspective of your placement experience
- Evaluating the validity of a variety of management theories and models in terms of their practical and conceptual value
Internships are possible in: media, communications, radio, IT, interior design, law and more.
Students will take 3 classes plus the internship (part-time 1 to 1.5 days placement per week). Those that complete an internship will receive 15 UK credits (roughly 4 US credits) for the internship.
An additional fee of €950 will apply to overall programme price.
More than just a city.
Iconic landmarks, cutting-edge design, a royal palace and an electrifying social scene. Is London calling?
London’s landscape is as diverse as its 10 million residents. From grand Victorian palaces to iconic skyscrapers; the London Eye to Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre; exploring the UK’s capital is always a voyage of discovery.
As a student, you’ll certainly experience a colourful tapestry of cuisine, fashion, music, culture and entertainment. A multicultural city, London is the most-wanted destination for international study worldwide, welcoming over 100,000 students every year from more than 200 nations.
Spending a semester in London, you can …
- Experience over 1,000 museums and galleries (many of which are free) and browse around the city’s many shops, street markets, restaurants and bars. And, you’ll never be bored with London’s legendary entertainment, leisure and social scene at your disposal.
- Gain international market insights. London is a hub for global business and finance, and a mecca for creative and cultural heavyweights.
- Absorb the skyline of this ever-changing metropolis where tradition fuses with fresh innovation.
- Relax, study or meet friends in and around London’s many green spaces. The capital boasts over 100 parks, providing the perfect antidote to the fervour of city life.
Study in a city renowned for academic excellence. There are some stellar universities here including top multi-faculty and world-class specialist institutions.
Airfare, materials for class, visa fees, in-country transportation, meals, and spending money aren’t included.