Breath-taking landscapes, a Mediterrrean climate and some awesome architecture. Have you considered studying abroad in Granada?
Spend a semester or a full academic year at the University of Granada’s Modern Language Centre (CLM) earning credits to transfer back to your home university.
Granada: A cultural melting pot where ancient meets modern
Framed by the Sierra Nevada mountain range, Granada is at the very heart of Spain’s Andalusian region. A popular destination for students and tourists alike, this cosmopolitan, vivacious city is steeped in cultural and historical significance.
Granada’s many historic monuments include the Alhambra and Albaicin, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and the area is renowned for its rich architectural tapestry of Moorish, Arabian, European and Islamic influences.
Granada can offer a vibrant blend of attractions which fuse the old-world with the new, providing many memorable ways to spend your down-time. From traditional parades and Arab Souks, to international film festivals and sporting events, your Spanish experience will be ‘totalmente inolvidable’!
- Receive a warm welcome – Andalusians are well-known for their hospitality.
- Experience Spanish culture and traditional cuisine. The region is famed for its amazing ‘Tapa’ (Tapas).
- Explore sub-tropical beaches and snow-capped mountain ranges, both in easy reach of the city.
- Become a global citizen and bolster your resume by learning alongside local and international students.
- Live on-campus, near campus or in homestay accommodation.
The University of Granada - Modern Language Centre (CLM)
Founded in 1531, Universidad de Granada is one of Europe’s oldest educational establishments. Located in 4 sites across the city, the University utilises many historic buildings to ensure their restoration and preservation.
The University’s Modern Language Centre is situated in the ‘Realejo’ region and attracts a multicultural, global student community. A centre of excellence for the study of Spanish language and culture, CLM is also a leading provider of modern language options including Arabic, French, Japanese and Russian – to name but a few.
- With ⅓ of Granada’s community directly linked with the university, the city delivers highly when it comes
- to student experience and satisfaction.
- CLM offers dedicated and highly-experienced teaching and administrative staff, great facilities and a range of student services.
- The University has excellent sporting facilities and runs over 400 sport courses each year.
- Get involved with other activities such as flamenco dancing, film cycles, book launches and gastronomic workshops.
- Competitive scholarships are available.