LBSU is adjust their summer school for 2021. Please Check back in Spring 2021 for more details.
Would you like to broaden your horizons by studying overseas but can’t stretch to an entire semester? Fear not; a summer school at London South Bank University (LSBU) could be just the ticket.
Earn 8 US credits (40 UK credits) with a unique 6-week course in the UK’s exhilarating capital city while you build industry skills in a sector that interests you and meets your academic needs.
Make the most of your visit with a lively social programme of events and enjoy excursions to some of London’s top attractions. We can’t promise a summer of sunshine, but lasting memories are guaranteed.
About London South Bank University
Established in 1892, LSBU is one of London’s largest universities and plays host to a global community of international students from over 130 countries.
You will benefit from outstanding support services and have access to real-world, cutting-edge facilities and resources. LSBU has invested £60m over the last decade to create world-class, industry-standard learning environments to aid personal and professional development.
And, with a Silver TEF Award for teaching excellence, you’ll be taught by a team of experienced, knowledgeable staff who pride themselves on offering a personalised approach to learning.
Living in the heart of London, you will be walking distance away from some of the capital’s must-see landmarks including Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and Piccadilly Circus – to name but a few.
The London Placement Programme
Due to COVID-19 this programme is being revamped and altered. More information will be published in Spring 2021. Below is what this programme used to include as an example of what you might expect in Summer 2021. We will update this information as soon as we have more information from LSBU! Thank you for your patience.
This unique 6-week course offers you the chance to take a short-term, credit-bearing internship in London. The programme consists of:
1. A relevant internship placement (4 US Credits)
Completing an internship abroad can be life-changing. You will gain valuable and career-focused practical experience while applying your academic knowledge to develop a range of transferable, professional skills. Upskilling your resume in this way can help you stand out in a crowded jobs’ market.
While you complete your work placement, a framework of exercises will encourage you to reflect upon the theoretical and practical issues relating to your professional development. You will also be guided to create an up-to-date and polished resume.
Learning outcomes include:
- Critically reviewing the concept of the ‘organisation of work’ as it currently exists in the UK
- Analysing specific elements of the employment relationship from the perspective of your placement experience
- Evaluating the validity of a variety of management theories and models in terms of their practical and conceptual value.
2. London: City of Change module (4 US credits)
This module will help you to gain insight into the lifestyle, culture, and history of this fascinating metropolis. You will study a number of literary and historical texts, discuss London-based films and documentaries, and undertake guided excursions to sites and landmarks.
Learning outcomes include:
- Expressing your knowledge and understanding of London’s key historical and cultural development since 1845
- Identifying London as a theme and motif in literature, film, and visual culture
- Identifying some of the planning and development issues facing the city in the 21st Century.
London: More than just a city
Iconic landmarks, cutting-edge design, a royal palace and an electrifying social scene. Is London calling?
London’s landscape is as diverse as its 10 million residents. From grand Victorian palaces to iconic skyscrapers; the London Eye to Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre; exploring the UK’s capital is always a voyage of discovery.
As a student, you’ll certainly experience a colourful tapestry of cuisine, fashion, music, culture and entertainment. A multicultural city, London is the most-wanted destination for international study, welcoming over 100,000 students every year from more than 200 nations worldwide.
- Experience over 1,000 museums and galleries (many of which are free) and explore the city’s many shops, street markets, restaurants and bars. And, you’ll never be bored with London’s legendary entertainment, leisure and social scene at your disposal.
- Gain international market insights. London is a hub for global business and finance, and a mecca for creative and cultural heavyweights.
- Absorb the skyline of this ever-changing metropolis where tradition fuses with fresh innovation.
- Relax, study or meet friends in and around London’s many green spaces. The capital boasts over 100 parks, providing the perfect antidote to the fervour of city life.
Study in a city renowned for academic excellence. There are some stellar universities here including top multi-faculty and world-class specialist institutions.