A unique city, beautiful beaches and a ground-breaking concept in university education. What could you discover in Mataró?
Spend a semester or a full academic year at TecnoCampus and earn credits to transfer back to your home university.
Discover one of Catalonia’s hidden gems
Nestled between Catalan’s mediterranean coastline and the Serralada Litoral mountains lies the coastal port of Mataró. As the capital of the Maresme region, the city is superbly located. Barcelona is within easy reach – as are some of Spain’s finest resorts.
With a history dating back to Roman times and a rich seafaring heritage, Mataró’s bustling port, tranquil marina and stunning beaches are a focal point for locals and visitors alike.This picturesque city abounds with cultural and historical attractions, outdoor activities, awe-inspiring landscapes and interesting ways to spend your leisure time.
- Discover the remains of the Roman city of Iluro; witness the baroque majesty of the Chapel of Els Dolors, and visit Antoni Gaudi’s ‘Nau Gaudí’ which houses the Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Take a boat tour around Mataró’s picturesque coastline and enjoy water sports such as scuba-diving and snorkelling.
- Wander through the city’s many shops and explore traditional markets such as El Rengle and Plaça de Cuba.
- Sample the food of the region with a fantastic range of restaurants, bars and cafes serving fresh seafood, tempting Tapas and authentic mediterranean cuisine.
- Absorb yourself in Spanish culture and festivals including the Festa Major de Les Santes.
TecnoCampus: ‘Where the university and the company go hand-in-hand’
TecnoCampus is a cutting-edge amalgamation of a university, a business park and an enterprise centre. This unique model consists of three university faculties, over 100 businesses and a busy conference centre.
Affiliated with Pompeu Fabra University, this institution is a key contributor in the transfer of knowledge and innovation within the science, business and enterprise sectors.
TecnoCampus has exchange agreements with 111 universities in 34 countries and is a popular choice with Study Abroad students.
- Become a global citizen and bolster your resume by learning and living alongside local and international students.
- Enjoy a beach-front setting and excellent transport links. The nearest train station is within walking distance of the university.
- The campus occupies 50,000 sqm and offers a wide range of facilities and next-generation resources. These include state-of-the-art engineering labs, research centres and a Health Simulation and Innovation Centre.
- Make the most of cultural activities, sporting events and organisations such as the Passerells Castellers (Human Castle) Club, theatre group, urban dance squad, Generation Marketing group and debating league.
- Competitive scholarships are available.
If you’re looking for a unique and authentic study abroad experience, Mataró will not disappoint. Get in touch with our Study Abroad Advisors to start your adventure.