Every Learn International program will have an on-site orientation to assist participants in learning about their host country.
On-site orientations occur in varying places based on program location, we review the following in every orientation:
- Local customs, culture and resources
- Recognizing Culture Shock and how to manage this
- Conduct and Ambassadorship while abroad
- Health and Safety/Emergency Protocols/International Health Insurance
- Program specifics and itinerary review (housing, meals, field trips etc.)
- Day to day needs (Food, Money/Banking, Transportation)
- Communication with staff, electronic sources and mobile phones
Orientation is a great way for participants to meet their Learn International in-country support team, real-life details about their host country and most importantly, how to be safe on their study abroad experience. All students must attend our in-country orientation, there are no exceptions.